...in quest of Moru Kopje pride...(Moru Kopje : Little Head, old isolated rocks..)

Posted on: 01 March, 2018

I heard from my Mother during my childhood days and even today she tells me that a few wishes come true instantly and some play hide and seek for a long time! Probably, God’s own way of telling that right things happen at the right time and you need to simply keep at ‘em….

Unearthing beauty of Serengeti plains has been a hide and seek game for way too long with me, just like a few of those wishes that keep you at your toes like a hidden treasure and needs a bit of love from my lady luck! Year after year, my tryst with such an iconic place, has only made me realize where my heart and soul lies! It is an annual pilgrimage that I look forward to with bated breath and sadly it gets over in a split second. But, I don’t give up as yet! I keep visiting her and intend to do so, every year, perhaps until such time one of us ceases to exist! I do hope, let me be the fallen one. With such a thought I embarked upon my third consecutive journey to the plains of Serengeti.

Sipping coffee at the Bangalore airport lounge, I kept telling myself – if it has to happen, it has to happen this time! One of the very few unfulfilled dreams! A Simba on a Moru Kopje! A small wish, huh :)
I smiled to myself when I was asked to board the aircraft .. the first time someone had to do this while I was lost in my day-dreaming world! I apologized profusely for being so ignorant of time, before my long journey began.

‘Ladies and Gents, to your left is Mount Kilimanjaro’ – I woke up to the Captain’s announcement. How it filled my heart with joy! It was 3:00 pm, 8th Feb 2018, over-cast and I saw dark clouds hovering around the mountain as though they had decided not to part ways. All first-timers went on clicking, photo-bombing one another but well, that’s the excitement this place brings. The entire evening was well spent in relaxing and a good night sleep was in the order! Woke up to a fresh blended Tanzanian Coffee and wheat porridge the Chef prepared exclusively for me! I took a quick walk in the hotel property of Airport Planet Lodge. A beautiful lodge that is very close to the Airport. They do lot of organic farming and lot of birds to be seen. Lot of Banana Plantation, vegetable farming and neatly maintained. It was still time for me to depart from here so, hung around with another cup of freshly blended Coffee! Mild sun, in middle of garden.. all by myself... ; My Airport pick up was ready - thanked the staff and off for more!

What a way to start a day! And then... A flight to catch up that would take me into the plains!


Hopped on to a chartered flight and my journey began as we glided on top of Ngorongoro Crater before descending into Ndutu – Southern Part of Serengeti! The screeching sound of landing impact on a muddy tarmac announced our arrival! Here I come!

It was Deja-vu. I was so sure that I have been here before. The warm and dusty air was familiar. I looked around to see the typical acacias, starlings, Kestrels - flying all over. The next 4 days, I would roam around these endless plains, is what I told myself. Plains that house the running machines, a.k.a. Cheetah, Acacias that hide the rosetted beauties, a.k.a. Leopards and of course the king of the Jungle. The last two times I witnessed a courting pair of lions and to my utter disbelief, even this time, I was lucky to witness a young couple romancing in the wilderness! Year after year, I have been lucky to have been watching moments unfolding. This was the beginning of the end of the summer and yes, it was hot, dusty, dry and I could see thousands and thousands of Wildebeasts in a single column making their journey even as they gave birth to young ones. A spectacular journey that I have been witnessing year after year - raw yet magical! Accompanied were the painted beauties-Zebras that gave an absolute mix to the endless horizon! Young ones, standing on their own, minutes after being born and running alongside their mothers – It was divine! Even as the wicked Hyenas, one of the powerful predators, kept a close look for a meal, the fight for existence was truly evident, conveying the story of life! Circle of Life. .

Thousands and thousands of Wildebeest and Zebra run through the plains.


Dramatic mornings that you can just never fail getting used to! How does one define the color palette oozing out in the skies – Vibrant and vide hues painting the sky with the first rays of the sun, kissing the plains, lighting up the savannah. A lone Giraffe trudges along the water-hole, setting up a beautiful silhouette and just imagine a Cheetah walking past with Lemagrut Mountains (Northern side of Ngorongoro Crater) as a backdrop – I’d rather die right here and do anything to be a part of this heaven than hoping to be part of an unseen one!

A Cheetah walks in on an early morning with a delightful scenario unfolding ...


One of the emotional moments I came across was a just-in-time born Wildebeest Calf being lost in middle of the plains. It walked and rested right next to my Jeep and mistook us as its mother or protector! My heart went out to this just born calf as he followed us where-ever we drove, it wouldn’t leave us. We stopped and it stopped! We moved and it moved! I even tried pointing him to the direction of the wildebeest herd but no luck! Finally, we drove right into a huge congregation of wildebeest, promptly, this calf followed and in the end, disappeared in middle of its native herd! Phew! He's back with his clan. All is well that ends well!

The setting sun poured endless streaks of orange, yellow, pink all over the inhabitants, including me! A long road, dust kicking all over, Zebras running to call it a day...endless plains, far across few acacias trees and the setting sun melting somewhere across the horizon – I lose myself here yet find my true being. Time that stands still! It gives loads of meaning to my existence. Emotions that I can’t explain.


Well, with such overdose of emotions making me feast on some home-made food that night, I looked ahead as I’d move into the Central Part of Serengeti the next morning. My Quest begins! My search for Moru Kopje Pride begins!Every year, I doze off during this journey either because of a notion of a long or a dusty ride or may be because of this stretch or just me being awfully tired! I have had my share of siestas. The afternoon shadows started hitting the plains and one of the early signs of getting into the Central Serengeti is Stinger Missiles – a.k.a. Tse Tse Flies :) Its guaranteed that you will be woken up or these flies acts as an alarm call that you are in the zone! The sharp sun was hitting me through the window and my eyes just couldn’t take it! I was so tired and could barely lift my camera when I heard – Lioness! I opened my eyes to see a Kopje while my eyes searched hard to spot this cat. In the end I gave up but just then a cute fur-ball ran down on a small hillock that got me excited! This signaled me that we were in Central Serengeti!

A Lion Cub, dashes down a hillock to run to its mother (not to be seen in this image)


Thanks to MTR Ready to Eat Recipes and some home-made delicacies, as usual, I feasted on my traditional in-take while anxiously waited for the first rays to heat me up. And for sure they did! A sea of Orange and Yellow, never ending pink and maroon patterns of clouds marooning the Acacias and the plains, Few Balloons floating, some of the Kopjes shining in middle of nowhere, the thin but moist air making me shake like a leaf, I looked around, isn’t it heaven? Yes, this is my paradise. The sun rise in Serengeti! An absolute spectacle. Light painting me in gold. Light painting the Savannah in yellow and orange or I just don’t know how to name that color! What is making me come to this place, again and again!? Guess the sheer emotions the nature plays here, the exorbitant metamorphosis of day and night, light and dark or perhaps, I just don’t know how to describe it best because words just don't do any justice. As the yellow grass dances to the tune of early morning breeze, as the early comers of the migrated Wildebeest look around, the blades of the elephant grass open up only to let us see a stray lioness drinking water from a nearby gully. Few Superb Starlings glides across and the inimitable kestrels wade through the early morning mist – If I were to call something home, I’d better call this as my home!

A Typical sun-rise in Serengeti!


 Balloon Rides and the sun shines .... across the plains...


The sun was blazing away. It was as if, with a vengeance. On top of it, the dust created by the heavy wind made me feel as though I am in middle of a dust bowl. It was so intense, I could see mirages and interestingly my camera couldn’t get a decent focus owing to the heat waves. And walked-in this Cheetah Trio (Mother and two adolescent cubs) in no-time made three hunts, two being successful, made me go numb! The theory is during these conditions Lions and Leopards will be sleeping or be under the shade, barely able to move while these machines can quickly help themselves with a meal. I watched all these proceedings with my naked eye and shortly after that, on the left side of mine, there was chaos! Absolute chaos! Herds of Zebra and Wildebeest looked alert and apprehensive – Rightfully so! In such a scorching heat, these three lions walked slowly to the water hole and dumped themselves into it! Hundred meters away, there was another waterhole that was swamped with Zebras that walked in for a drink but was so scared, looking at the lions, gulping few drops and if one of Zebras felt threatened and jumped, the entire herd, ran helter-skelter creating a cloud of dust before assembling back by taking turns! In such a situation, I saw an opportunity where these four zebras walked in together, let go off the guard and helped themselves a drink!


That evening was quite extraordinary and this will be on my mind for a very long time. After battling the heat of the mid-day, watching few cheetah-hunts, I was hoping to catch a glimpse of this Leopard and Cub. She had stashed her kill in one of the topmost branch of this acacia tree while we got a whiff that she was resting in a bush just few hundred meters away. Alright – action begins, is what I thought. Got my camera ready, re-looked at the settings and realized my heart was beating loud- loud enough to let my folks back in India know that I was in a very anxious state :)

Second turned to minutes, minutes turned an hour. everything was so silent and there was no movement around. Scanning through the golden grass, it was the most painful wait that led the afternoon sun turn golden-yellow. Finally, the tail’s up! The golden lit evening sun welcomed this queen of Serengeti. As she stood up, mildly, wading through the tall blades of grass, she was lit up in gold! She looked around, across the plains even as the mountains stood still as though they were waiting for her to walk by! She sashayed around and came out in the open only to make me squeak – She has a cub! The next 30 odd minutes was one of the best times in my life! While I was enjoying watching the mom and cub, she was cautious and ensured she gave enough space for a spotted hyena that was lurking around. After the Hyena disappeared into the bushes, this bold cub, walked head-on, as though letting her mother know that, she has arrived! Indeed, she arrived! I was grinning ear to ear, and the smile was filling my heart! My eyes were twinkling with stars. What an evening it was! My heart was filled with joy as my jeep cut through the darkness heading back to the camp.

Mother Leopard with her Joy!


There are dreams, hopes and wishes. All are different yet, it’s all part of me. This is my third year and I have been hoping to see a lion pride on a Kopje! My dream is still on! Every time, I scanned a Kopje, I was hoping to see a Lion! I was hoping to see a pride! All through the next few days, I moved around these Kopjes, waited patiently but in vain! I closed my eyes only to visualize, only to think of a pride standing on a large Kopje…. I moved closer to one of the bushes that was adjacent to few rocks – high on anticipation. Nothing happened. There are so many Kopjes around, all around and I was telling myself – why can’t there be at-least one lion out there? Am I that unlucky? Am I not that fortunate? I keep telling this myself year after year and yet, nothing seem to happen. All my excitement died down; All my anticipation faded. I kept asking the same set of questions to my naturalist – why aren’t we lucky? Are we in the right zone to spot? Do we have to go to a different part of the plains? Well…. I know the answer but my emotions always get the better of me when it comes to this dream! An unfulfilled one! My hunger had died down long back so was my excitement. At one point in time, I decided not to lift my camera. I pretended to fall asleep. I pretended to be happy. I pretended to ignore my dream. God! Am I asking too much? Am I the unlucky one? I do feel the best is yet to come when I come back next year – That was the best answer I could give myself. Perhaps it’s not my time! Or is it just too early for me to fulfill my dream? For my quest ? Guess so.

It was much later when Hassan (my naturalist /guide/friend) said, Lioness on a Kopje! I hoped he said a Male Lion (with due respect to the Lioness, of-course) but to my bad luck, the setting was so profusely bad, the light was harsh, she was sitting way too far and was sleeping! Guess that was a mild hit to my ego even as I watched her, captured few moments but still… where is my lion standing on a kopje, with a picture perfect background? … Some dreams do remain unfulfilled… some wishes stay unanswered but I do hope at some point in time, my quest for Moru Kopje Pride is fulfilled. I am living for that day, for that point in time in this life!


With loads of emotions, I flew out from Kilimanjaro, before biding good-bye to few good friends out there. As my chartered flight glided over the savannah, I saw few Kopjes that looked so small…but much bigger than my heart, lot bigger than my soul…. so beautiful and divine…and I told myself and my damaged and bleeding heart, that next year I come back .. once again in Quest for Moru Kopje Pride. I closed my eyes to catch few winks…only to wake up… when the Captain announced our arrival in Bangalore….

My camera Gear: Canon IDX, Canon IDX MII, Canon 70-200mm USM IS II, Canon 500mm USM IS II

My sincere thanks to Hassan Swalehi who has been my Naturalist/Guide during all these years. He has always been patient to my laundry lists of asks, positioning of vehicle, Innumerable head-ons of Lions and Leopards. 


Divinity, Goddess's fight?

Posted on: 26 June, 2017

Divinity, Goddess’s fight! ?
Venue: Ranthambore, India.

11th June 2015

After few hours of ride from the airport, passing through shrub lands and common landmarks, I knew, i was inching towards Ranthambore. The morning sun ensured I was mentally prepared for the absolute summer spectacle that would follow for the next few days. Far across, few Camels pushed their way into a patch of a shade that actually didn’t offer any shade but some respite from the killer rays of sun. Village peasants with their colorful turbans had ventured out to catch up on their day’s work. Women folk carrying water pots from a near-by well, hurried, perhaps, for a busy day ahead. A typical morning routine as I knew, it would be minutes before i get into my hotel. And here I was, once again, in the land of Tigers! Ranthambore!
I was so tired, all I could think of was immersing myself in a ice filled bath-tub, forgetting my camera or tigers or anything else. I opened my eyes only to pull on the sheets as the air cooler was far too cold in the room. What an irony to a suffocating summer?

It was the month of June. Just a week before the annual ritual of monsoon rains. Around 3:00pm, I set out in my jeep with every bit of excitement and eagerness for my tryst with big cats! It was very hot! Blazing hot! The only way I can express the intensity of the harsh summer was to imagine myself holed up in a heated oven! 46 Degree Celsius. I set out in the jeep only to be hit by the very warm air but it was pleasant compared to the sun rays that burned me all. The brown forest had a very earthy feeling all through. With the merciless sun spraying and spewing fire all over, the sheer excitement of Tigers and some thing new, pepped me up. It was unusually hot as my jeep climbed the rough terrain. I was sweating big time, getting dehydrated- being out under a killer sun was very unforgiving. At one point in time, all i did was to bend my head to get some respite from the harsh elements. I could get myself back into the game around 430 pm when some one shouted - There is a tiger out there! We went ahead up the road and saw few jeeps parked out there. There he was… He was right in middle of a bush up on a small terrain off the road. This was on the edge that led to a narrow slope deep down the hill. It was virtually impossible for any of us to go in there. Also as the tiger moved into the narrow road; that was the end. I couldn’t see him at all. I didn’t even take out my Camera. As the sun drifted down, all the jeeps that were with us, scattered and moved on. There weren’t any other clues nor news, so decided that we stay-put out there for some time. The air had suddenly got much cooler and i looked above only to see clouds running towards us. At times I wonder the pace of nature, it does beats us every time. Within the next fifteen minutes, the whole park was filled with shadows and in no time, i could hear few thunderstorms, hitting behind the hill that we were at. Hastily, I pulled out my raincoat and ensured all my gear was well protected.

For so many years, I have been watching so many documentaries about the onset of monsoon and rains lashing out in Ranthambore. Deep inside, I was overjoyed. I was anxious now, not for any tigers but to get drenched in the rains, standing in middle of the park! The light drizzle became much bigger with thunder and lightening screaming all around! The open jeep just ensured, we were dripping in full flow. We drove towards the south side of the park and was welcomed with full-throttle rains, so harsh that it hit the bonnet of the jeep with loud thuds! Small and big tributaries in the park, the sound of thunder-storms became bigger and louder. For a minute, I wasn’t sure in which part of the park we were in. The sound of hard rain became much louder and louder as the wet wind screamed past my ear, every now and then. For sometime i couldn’t open my eyes as the monsoon rains was hitting me right from the front. Wind blew so much that the trees and its branches were
sashaying all around. I saw some spotted deer enjoying the sudden splash of rain even as it shook the water off its body, every time. There was this huge Honey Buzzard, taking refugee in a big branch but couldn’t do anything than just enjoy nature’s extremes. After half an hour or so, the sound of rain came to a grinding halt. Phew! What a season! The best of my experience and finally I was in Ranthambore during Monsoon!

i eagerly waited for the sun to rise. I eagerly waited for me to get in! The morning sun shone with all honesty as the golden light soaked the entire forest that had turned partially green. The roads were damp, patches of green every where. The wetness on the leaves still could have been felt! Some of the plants and tree branches still hand few rain drops that shone like a diamond or like a star in the brightly lit forest. The rays of the sun pierced through patches of tree branches lighting up the forest floor. Far across this peacock danced to get his mate’s attention even as this kingfisher looked around a small puddle for its forage. It was unusually a quiet morning when we drove all around before getting into the RajBagh area of the forest. We drove past the historical fort anticipating some action but it was again, empty. I looked up to see the sun playing hide and seek and the shadows spread itself on the forest floor short and wide. We inched few yards ahead and someone in the jeep almost screamed, Tiger! After which it was absolutely silence! Hush! These were Krishna’s (T19) cubs, two females and a male seated in a triangular position just ahead of us. One of the female tiger (Arrow Head) cubs got up, walked past us, sniffed around before heading back. There was this unusual stress and storm building up I thought. All three tigers were looking at one another, off and on. I could sense something was brewing.

Lightning, Arrow Head’s sister watched her all the time, making a frowning face. She wasn’t happy but closed her eyes. Arrow Head watched her younger sister all through and stood up silently without a noise. The shadows on the floor almost vanished and the tender breeze took a pause. I was looking at these tigers breathlessly. Even on a cold, tender and chilly morning, I was sweating. I held my camera to take my position. All the three tigers were around 15 meters from my jeep. My heart was pounding and beating loud enough to disturb the cats! I was telling myself, this is it! Something gonna happen now! And I watched Arrow Head getting into a stalking posture, slowly and steadily walked. Time stood still when she got close. Very close to Lightning who was sleeping without a care and clue! And momentarily, Just one push from her paw to her younger sister’s face – Battle began. It lasted 10 seconds. Those 10 full seconds when this battle was fought and their brother watched curiously from a distance. The forest echoed with their roars that was loud enough to deafen my ears instantly. Both the sub-adult cubs stood up and growled, battling for supremacy. In one such split second, these sisters were united even in their fight! I could see one body with four legs. Divinity! To me it seemed like a Goddess in action. Goddess of the Forest! And it was over! Both went back to their places but the battle was fought and won by the elder cub, Arrow Head! All these happened few feet from where I was. My hands trembled like a leaf, but yet was steady! I was sweating with joy, accomplishment, contentment, surprise and anxiety. I couldn’t believe what I saw and photographed. I looked around - I wanted to scream! I scrambled for my camera and checked the images I had taken. I was smiling ear to ear!

A once in a life moment for me. 

undefinedexif Details

Canon Gear, 70D, 70-200 USM, ISII, 1/1600, f2.8, ISO 800


Serengeti's Mirage

Posted on: 18 June, 2017

2-March-2016, Central Serengeti, Tanzania, Africa.

It was the day and time for me to depart from Ndutu and drive into Central Serengeti. I had an excellent time last year and with earnest thought of riding on the same luck, I got into the jeep. Knowing the fact that it was a long journey on the road, had stocked snacks, coke and few water cans and more importantly, my camera equipment was pretty much in the stand-by mode! It has to be, is it not?
Warm morning…clear blue skies…dusty roads… and we slowly exited Southern Serengeti. It took more than an hour before we hit the main corridor road – by this time sun was blazing enough to bake a cake. Out there was endless plains, a mix of green and brown meadows all through, with stray mammals here are there. There was no end of sight barring few small sized mountain, very far across and on either sides. Watching these few impalas and zebras grazing on the brown grass, letting their guard down, it was a dry and also a tiring feeling. For sure there were no signs of predators out here. I don’t know when I drifted into sleep – Guess, I would have slept for half an hour or so – With warm air hitting me, long journey and no predatory excitement (J ), it was but natural for me to take few winks!

Hyena! Our Naturalist who was manning the wheels pointed at this lone predator, and stopped the jeep! This hyena was quite far. I was surprised since this was not a typical prey base especially this stretch had no herbivores movement – but you never know! ; He was running to the other side, may be to catch up with his clan. Moving on, back on the road! I looked at the watch – 12.00noon! Another 3 hours for sure to reach Central Serengeti! I was dying to get through this journey. After an hour or so, saw a thick cloud of dust on the farther side of the plain. We were quite curious and out came the binoculars.

Vow! Cloud of dust, mid-day, blazing sun and I see nothing less than a thousand of Wildebeest running towards the road we were on! For few minutes, I noticed there were few hundreds of them already towards our right, it was so hot, I could see mirage formation so very clearly. These seemed like waves … and I could literally see heat waves… and as the herd came close, thumping sound of wildebeests literally knocked me off. Not one, not two… but hundreds and thousands of them. The dust formed an enormous layer on the ground and more or less, became a layer of cloud as hot wind pushed the yellow dust upwards. I was sweating in severe heat but this was a spectacle I could have never missed! I was in trance – surrounded by hundreds and thousands of them, they sure were in a hurry to cross the road and move towards Central Serengeti for greener plains and more importantly water holes. This was the pre-migratory period – a time before the actual migration towards up-north.

As I was framing them, I could see nothing but a layer of tusks, mirage and sky of dust. Even as hundreds of Calves were jumping to get to the other side of the road, I was going hysteric hearing the distinct sound they make “UhhAaaaah” (in my own verbiage) – Imagine - all of them grunting together. It was nothing but a sea of them! Here is one such image I made during that moment.

My Gear: Canon 70D, 70-200 IS II. undefined


What lies in the darkness?

Posted on: 17 June, 2017

8-April-2017, Zambia. Chinzombo Camp, South Luangwa River, Zambia.

The open skies never looked so dull and dry! The entire morning I drove in anticipation seeking few cats but in vain. There were pug marks, here and there, but nothing beyond. I assumed the South Luangwa pride might have retired deep into the bushes. It was yet another day, it was yet another disappointment. I got back to my camp for lunch with mixed emotions. On one side, there was this anticipation of what is in store for the next few days while on the other side, the dry game drives literally had made me desperate.

A light lunch and I looked up towards the sky. Black clouds began to whisper and I had to kick myself for the luck I am in for. In few minutes, it rained and rained. I was sipping a home made lemonade at the verandah of my camp watching the heavy rain lashing all over the park. All of a sudden, a huge bolt of lightning struck and where? Right next to my camp burning the internet transmitter! Well, this was the last thing to happen. I would be lying if i say I was never so much dejected in life than at that time. Rain stopped in a while and around 3 in the afternoon, i embarrassingly got ready for another drive. Deep in my mind I was feeling awkward even to step into the boat that would ferry me to the other side of the river where my jeep would pick me up! I looked up, smiled and told myself - Well, the game is not over, until its over!

A dull but damp evening! The rain had literally made all animals scurry around deep into the park. Few tuskers here and there went on with their own business but that didn’t make me happy! My naturalist and friend, Brian, looked at me, tried all his tricks to pep me up! He then told me - I will not let you go until you get what you want! I smiled ear to ear as we stopped for sun-downers. Sipping coffee, i looked around as hope sprung up deep within. As the evening sun hid behind the thick clouds and darkness enveloped all around us, our dear friend, Simon took the search light. Yes, we ducked ourselves into night-safari! Minutes passed by and an hour flew by! We looked around and finally decided to check the north side of the park once again!

The air was very wet. I could literally smell the wetness in it as cool breeze lifted my spirits. I re-looked at my camera settings. The wet night clouds sprayed some rain drops here and there as the crickets ensured we hear their music all through. A quiet night and my jeep ploughed through the water logged park with that water splash sound. Night-jars flew in and around us, perhaps getting attracted to the light. It was a moonless sky. I was at least hoping i could see the stars but even those had disappeared. Far across a Hyena hooted but that definitely didn't make me smile. Few minutes passed when I suddenly asked Brian to stop the vehicle!

Roooooooaaaarrrr! It was the roar of a lion, a faint one though! The jeep came to a screeching halt as we used our experience to navigate. We moved in the direction where the roar was coming. It became stronger and stronger. Our jeep moved into a very narrow path that led to a clearing and suddenly Brian exclaimed! Sanjeev, That is Ginger!

Here was this Pride Male, the majestic Ginger sitting in middle of the clearing and roaring! Every time he roared, the sound pierced through the silent night, creating waves! I could feel the decibels hitting our jeep. With the light on him, Ginger was shining! He was shining like a burning star in a moonless night. His mane was glittering! His cold but intense and fierceful eyes almost popped out when he gave a stare at us. I could sense his sound, rather, feel his sound, every time he roared! It was as if he was calling some one, perhaps his brother! His roar would travel miles and miles and here I was, watching this king from a very close quarter. I had goosebumps. I had such an unexplained feeling of watching him. The forest was silent but with his Roar! And his roar was joined by another one, presumably Garlic’s! That's Ginger’s brother. Eventually, both brothers got together, nudged and went into the thicket, perhaps calling it a day!

As we headed back, Brian and Simon, were the happiest since they could see me smile - ear to ear and what an evening it was! A truly Exceptional! A true Zambian night safari! As i got into the boat that would ferry me back into my camp, I was not embarrassed. I was not feeling awkward for not having seen any cats for the last two days! My heart was thumping, my heart was pounding! I had to scream. I wanted my scream to be so loud enough to reach some one back home in India :) More so, I wanted her to respond back. And I screamed - Loud but not as loud as Ginger's roar! It was only heard by Brian and Simon. Late into the night, when i was about to retire to bed, I could see few stars burning but then I just ignored them! I had seen my star already! I had my star already!

The night was cold and wet.. and guess I got pulled into a dream and was sailing with Ginger and Garlic, all through the night!



Venue: Chinzombo, South Luangwa River, Zambia.
Canon Gear.